Volunteer Programs at Saint Joseph Hospital
When you become a volunteer at Saint Joseph Hospital, you’ll find that your greatest rewards come from the heart. Volunteers play a key role in the healing presence and culture of our hospital. The touch of a hand, a friendly smile, a listening ear, is all it takes to make a difference. The need for volunteers is great, and the rewards are even greater.
Volunteering at Saint Joseph Hospital
Typically, volunteers serve an average of four hours per week. As a volunteer, you have the opportunity to grow, learn, make new friends, exchange ideas and contribute to your community. Volunteers receive complimentary uniforms, free secured parking and a free meal in the café during your shift. We do require a minimum of a six-month commitment but hope you will love volunteering so much you won’t want to leave!
How to Join our Team
If you are at least 14 years old or older, simply complete and submit the online Volunteer Application.
During the interview, we will discuss your skills and interests to determine an appropriate department and position for you. Upon successful completion of a background check and TB screening, new volunteers attend an orientation training session.
There are several volunteer opportunites at Saint Joseph Hospital, including:
Creating a Welcoming Spirit
Comforting Family Members
- Gift Shops (Tower Shop & Baby Joe’s)
- Welcome Desks/Patient & Family Escorts
Visiting with Patients
- Main Surgical Waiting Room
- Cardiovascular Lab Waiting Room
Partnering with our Clinical Teams
- Volunteer Patient Visitors
- Pet Therapy
- Mended Hearts (Previous heart srugery patients visiting with new patients)
- Eucharistic Ministers
- Mom/Baby Tea Service
- Volunteer Unit Ambassadors in Internal Medicine, Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Mom/Baby Unit (MBU)
- Oncology (Comprehensive Cancer Services) including Infusion (Delivery of Chemotherapy) and Radiation Oncology (Radiation Treatment)
- Breast Care Center
- Emergency Department
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
If you have questions or need further information, please contact our Volunteer Services Assistant, Lea Chapan at 303-837-7604.