Welcome to the Internal Medicine Residency Program
The Internal Medicine Residency Program at Saint Joseph Hospital offers a unique combination of comprehensive training and outstanding lifestyle. The residency is designed to train physicians in the full spectrum of Internal Medicine, preparing them for primary care medicine, hospital based medicine, and/or subspecialty fellowship. This training is accomplished through extensive experience in inpatient services, subspecialty electives, weekly continuity care clinics, and a well-focused didactic curriculum.
Highlights of the program include:
- 550-bed community based hospital and referral center affiliated with the University of Colorado and recognized as one of the Top 100 Hospitals in the United States of America.
- Has maintained a tradition of training resident physicians since 1892, including Internal Medicine specialists since 1946.
- Full-time, Board-certified clinical faculty dedicated to one-on-one training and personal mentoring.
- A modern outpatient facility with full-time faculty and nursing support.
- Recognition for excellence by the Residency Review Committee with a full five-year accreditation.
- More than a 95% pass rate on the American Board of Internal Medicine Certification Exam over the past 33 years.
- Urban, rural, and international rotations offering residents humanitarian and educational experiences world-wide.
- Ranks in the top 5% of Internal Medicine programs for presentations of clinical research projects at the national American College of Physicians Annual Session.
- Located in beautiful Denver, Colorado with year-round cultural and outdoor activities.
Exempla Saint Joseph Hospital provides an environment of academic excellence with outstanding resident teaching, strong camaraderie among house staff, and tremendous support from the hospital staff. The Internal Medicine Residency Program's philosophy is to provide broad experience in Internal Medicine and to teach physicians to provide evidence-based, safe, high-quality care.
If you have further questions, please contact the program administrator, Rebecca Schoby 303.837.7837 or email her at email@example.com.
Internal Medicine Residency Program
Saint Joseph Hospital
1835 Franklin Street
Denver, CO 80218
(O) 303-837-7837 / (F) 303-866-8044
Laurel K. Allen, Manager, GME
Saint Joseph Midtown Building
1960 Ogden Street, Suite 300
Denver, CO 80218
(O) 303-318-3255 / (F) 303-318-3258