Library & Knowledge Services
Library & Knowledge Services includes the Clinical Research Library, the Gervasini Health Library, Multi-Media Services, and the Saint Joseph Hospital Historic Archives.
Exempla Saint Joseph Hospital Russell Pavilion, 1st Floor in the Medical Education Center.
Clinical Research Library, Gervasini Health Library, and Archives: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM.
Multi-Media Services: Monday – Friday, 6:30 AM – 5:00 PM.
Margaret Bandy, Manager: 303 837-7848
Clinical Research Reference Librarian: 303 837-7375
Consumer Health Reference Librarian: 303 837-7094
Library Technician: 303-318-1098
Multi-Media Services: 303-837-7364
General Information: 303 837-7094
The Clinical Research Library is a quiet place to read, study and consult with the library staff. Services are provided for affiliated users, defined as ESJH Medical staff, residents, and associates, as well as Kaiser, SCLHS Corporate and EPN individuals.
Affiliated user services include:
- Expert literature searches performed by experienced Clinical Research Librarians. Use the request form (requires login to the Landing).
- Up-to-date online resources of medical, nursing, and management books and journals.
- Online resources include DynaMed, Ovid, StatRef, UpToDate, and many others. Access to the electronic resources is through the Exempla Portal or The Landing. The Online Catalog—http://exempla.worldcat.org/.
- Check out privileges to print resources. A registration form must be completed prior to checking out materials for the first time. See library staff to register and for information on circulation periods.
- Interlibrary loan services. Use the request form (requires login to the Landing).
- Health Literacy services provided by the Consumer Health Librarian
- Access to the historic archives, available by appointment.
- One-on-one or group training, available by appointment.
- Small conference room available by appointment; call 303-837-7094 to reserve.
Services for patients:
Services for patients, family members and the community as well as for affiliated users are provided at no charge:
- Computers and wireless Internet access
- Photocopying library materials
- Fax services
- Leisure reading books and periodicals
The Gervasini Health Library is a resource and a refuge for patients, families, and the community. It is located next to the Clinical Research Library. Consumer health information is provided at no charge. For details about services see the Gervasini Health Library page.