Mobile Mammography Unit
The Exempla Saint Joseph Hospital mobile mammography program is designed to help reduce the barriers to health care that many women experience. By taking the van out in the community, we are able to provide the same level of care these women would receive in our hospital. We work with patients who receive a positive result to help coordinate the next steps in diagnosis and treatment. We accept most forms of insurance and no one is turned away because of inability to pay. Our staff is bilingual and committed to patient education. The Exempla Saint Joseph Hospital Mobile Mammography Unit is funded by the Saint Joseph Hospital Foundation, Exempla Saint Joseph Hospital, Safeway Foundation and the Denver Metropolitan Affiliate of the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.
Days of Operation
The Mobile Mammography Unit operates Monday through Friday.
With almost 3,000 women screened last year, the mobile mammography program partners with area clinics, churches, schools, health fairs, health centers, seniors groups and more to bring the latest technology to communities across Colorado, specifically within the following counties:
- Adams, Douglas, Arapahoe, Gilpin,
- Boulder, Jefferson, Broomfield, Larimer
- Clear Creek, Park, Denver, Summit
- Logan, Morgan Park, Phillips, Sedgwick
- Washington, Weld, Yuma
The mobile mammography van is fitted with digital mammography equipment to bring state-of-the-art technology to your community. Your mammogram will be performed by a certified-technologist and a fellowship-trained radiologist will read your results. If you need additional care, you will have access to the full-service Exempla Saint Joseph Breast Care Center along with a breast health educator and a dedicated breast surgeon.
There would be forty percent more breast cancer survivors if all women practiced these early detection steps:
- Breast Self-Exam - Starting in your early 20s, you should perform monthly breast self-exams. The Breast Care Center staff and nurse educators are available to assist with questions and concerns regarding how to do a breast self-exam properly.
- Clinical Breast Exam - As part of your annual physical, ask for a clinical breast exam by your primary care doctor. American Cancer Society recommends every 3 years for women in their 20s and 30s, and annually for women 40 and older.
- Mammography - Beginning at age 40, women are encouraged to get an annual mammogram. Mammograms may be recommended for women of a younger age if they have a strong family history of breast cancer or other risk factors.
If you have a family history of breast cancer, consult your doctor or call the Exempla Saint Joseph Breast Care Center for a consultation.
For More Information
To find out when the Mobile Mammography unit will be in your area or to schedule a visit to your community, please call 303-318-3419
To schedule your mammogram call 303-318-3400
The Breast Care Center is now located:
1825 Marion Street, Denver, CO 80218
It is open Monday through Friday from 7: 30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Physicians with questions may contact Dr. Norton at 303-866-8300.